Keystone Review Delay Draws Angry Reaction From Backers

Photographer: Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg A mock oil pipeline is carried during a Keystone XL oil pipeline demonstration near the White House in Washington, D.C. Close A mock oil pipeline is carried during a Keystone XL oil pipeline demonstration near the... Read More Close Open Photographer: Andrew

Ukrainian Jews Seek Extra Security After Anti-Semitic Incident

The Jewish community of the east Ukrainian city of Donetsk asked for additional police protection after anti-Semitic pamphlets were distributed in the region, where the government has been battling separatists. “Someone tried to use the Jewish community as an instrument of this conflict,” Chief Rabbi Pinchas Vyshedski told reporters in Donetsk today, adding that he asked for added security at Jewish cultural

UnitedHealth CEO Sees ‘Unsustainable’ Pricing in New York

UnitedHealth Group Inc. (UNH), the biggest U.S. health insurer, said it may lose members in New York as the market becomes more crowded, driving down prices. “We believe several carriers there, including new entrants, are pricing well below cost and at what we would view as unsustainable pricing levels,” said Chief Executive Officer Stephen Hemsley in a conference call today. “If this climate continues, we

U.S. Warns Money Managers of More Russia Sanctions

Photographer: Dmitri Dukhanin/Kommersant via Getty Images Russian President Vladimir Putins nationally televised question and answer session on April 17, 2014 in Moscow. Close Russian President Vladimir Putins nationally televised question and answer session on... Read More Close Open Photographer: Dmitri

CFPB Disclosure Form News; Create Your Freddie User Profile; How is April Looking for Lenders?

Tommy LaSorda supposedly said, "I found out that its not good to talk about my troubles: 80% of the people who hear them dont care and the other 20% are glad youre having trouble." Many mortgage banking analysts are concerned about percentages - and everyone is doing their best to not end up being a carcass by the side of the road. The smartest guys in the room are saying, "Estimate that 1Q14 mortgage volume will come in at

Ukraine Talks End With Accord on Steps to De-Escalate Conflict

Photographer: Evgeniy Maloletka/AP Photo A Ukrainian Army helicopter flies over a column of Ukrainian Army combat vehicles on the way to the town of Kramatorsk on April 16, 2014. Close A Ukrainian Army helicopter flies over a column of Ukrainian Army combat vehicles on... Read More Close Open Photographer:

U.S. Stocks Rise as Ukraine Tensions Ease Amid Earnings

Related U.S., Eurozone Stocks Favored: UBSs Issel U.S. stocks rose, sending the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index to its best week since July, as earnings from General Electric Co. and Morgan Stanley beat estimates and concern eased that the Ukraine crisis may worsen. GE climbed 1.7 percent after results beat forecasts. Morgan Stanley added 2.9 percent as a gain in trading revenue helped profit

A Fun Night Out for Under $200,000

Photographer: Sam Edwards In "Tuesday Night Fever," Loot took you on the standard city-guide clubbing tour of New York. Here, we take a different kind of tour, with one of Manhattans "Black Card promoters," to see how the nightlife elite roll. Fast. "This is a secret-handshake business. Were very discreet," says Abe Quinones. "I wont name names,

Mortgage Rates Slightly Higher, but Remain Near Recent Lows

Mortgage rates were slightly higher today as investors continued to pull back from yesterdays geopolitically motivated buying spree.  Tensions in Ukraine had created a short term spike in demand for fixed income securities like Treasuries and the mortgage-backed-securities (MBS) that most directly influence mortgage rates.  Higher demand means lower rates. As we saw yesterday, that spike in demand led to moderate improvements in

Mortgage Rates Fall with 30-Year at Two-Month Low of 4.27%

Mortgage rates fell, sending costs for 30-year loans to the lowest since early February as the Federal Reserve confirmed its commitment to provide support for the economic recovery. The average rate for a 30-year fixed mortgage was 4.27% this week, down from 4.34% a week ago, according to a statement today from Freddie Mac. The average 15-year rate dropped to 3.33% from 3.38%, the McLean, Va.-based mortgage-finance company said. The